Author Topic: Today's News!  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Percy Vere

• Forum rubber expert and Zen-meister
  • Admin
  • Cogito ergo sum
Re: Today's News!
« Reply #1225 on: April 13, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »
:ditto
Don't be a spanner, check your nuts.

All complaints must be submitted in quadruplicate.  The deadline for submitting any complaint was yesterday.

Online The Growler

« Reply #1226 on: April 14, 2018, 07:27:54 AM »
It's funny how quiet Germany is over the Syrian issue....
Well  Oil  Beef Hooked

Offline Buckaroo

• Hot Crumpet
« Reply #1227 on: April 14, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
oh yes, :nono their cheap gas deal is much more important.

Offline Percy Vere

• Admin
  • Cogito ergo sum
« Reply #1228 on: April 14, 2018, 04:13:53 PM »
:teehee

All complaints must be submitted in quadruplicate.  The deadline for submitting any complaint was yesterday.

Offline Percy Vere

• Admin
  • Cogito ergo sum
« Reply #1229 on: April 18, 2018, 03:50:23 PM »
The Biased Broadcasting Corporation showed its true colours again at the end of the 1pm news today.  They showed a video of Jezza Corbyn giving Theresa May hell over the Windrush affair but only rebutted it with a very few words spoken by the newsreader.

Offline Sunflower

« Reply #1230 on: April 18, 2018, 04:30:43 PM »
Did the newsreader happen to mention that the decision to destroy the records was apparently made by the previous Home Sec, under the labour government?

I don't understand why they can't use the ships' passenger lists to get the details :shrug seems obvious to me :shrug

Offline Buckaroo

• Hot Crumpet
« Reply #1231 on: April 18, 2018, 04:34:14 PM »
Did the newsreader happen to mention that the decision to destroy the records was apparently made by the previous Home Sec, under the labour government?

Hilarious isn't it.  :lol All the vitriol coming from Corbyn and hippopotamus Abbots and it turns out it was Labour all along. You couldn't make it up.  :roar

Offline Sunflower

« Reply #1232 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:15 PM »
And then they tried to gloss over it! :rolleyes

Offline Buckaroo

• Hot Crumpet
« Reply #1233 on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »
It took the wind out of his sail a bit. :laugh  For gods sake if you're going to make an allegation stick at least do your research.

Offline Percy Vere

• Admin
  • Cogito ergo sum
« Reply #1234 on: April 19, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »
The full report during the news did mention everything and it was fairly well balanced imo.  It was just the summary at the end that I was moaning about.

As for the ship's records, they should still exist as was mentioned during the full report (they are used by genealogists as a matter of course during their investigations) but no-one has come forward yet to say they are still available.

Offline Dell-Boy

• Slimmer of the Year.
« Reply #1235 on: April 19, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »
Immigration / border control senior officer on R4 this morning, 40 years service all around the World stated that the loss of record cards was a load of of old bo$$ocks  ( my interpretation of his statement.  :D  )  and that even with the loss of these records in his experience an interview with the person in question would normally satisfy him whether any person had the right to remain in the UK.

I also thought about ship's passenger manifest required by maritime law.. All those on the "Windrush" would have been recorded and those records are still available today.

Anyway I would be more interested if this Government were to investigate and get rid of the reported 2 million illegals in the UK who have no right to be here. It would help solve the housing / NHS and many other things that has gone wrong in the past 20 years.

Offline Percy Vere

• Admin
  • Cogito ergo sum
« Reply #1236 on: April 20, 2018, 02:46:30 PM »
:yes  :thumbsup Spot on Mel.

The MV Empire Windrush passenger lists are even available on-line - I know I've just been looking at them.